In 2015, Austin Mandolin Orchestra is proud to present a Fifteen Minutes of Fame project. Our theme is the Wildflowers of Texas.
Composers from around the globe have submitted new one-minute pieces that have been tailored and dedicated specifically to our orchestra. We are so excited to promote this sampler of some of the best new music available for plucked string orchestra.
Here are the fifteen selected composers and their pieces:
- John R. Akins: Fantasia on “Yellow Rose”
- Johanna Asher: Texas Paintbrush
- Rodrigo Baggio: As Our Landscape Reawakens (from Angeltrumpets to Zephrylilies)
- David Bohn: Spotflower (Acmella Oppositifolia)
- Erik Branch: Canción de la Chamiza
- Philip DeWalt: Spanish Dagger
- John Egenes: The Texas Three Step (Yellow Eyed Grass)
- Daniel Grantham: Galliardia Pulchella
- Owen Hartford: History of a Texas Wildflower
- James J. Kellaris: Persephonia
- Aram Petrosyan: Harp Dandelion- Khatutik
- Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni: Wild Onion Rag
- Barry Trott: Palo Duro Blossoms
- Jean-Pierre Vial: When String Lily Meets Devil’s Shoestring
- Blair Whittington: I Found My Rose In Austin
The premiere of these pieces was March 8th, 2015 at 7pm at Blackerby Recital Hall.
An archive video of the concert is available: HERE
A program notes and bios of the composers: HERE